I have something of a rule against memes on this blog, but since I was tagged by Brownfemipower over at Woman of Color Blog, I feel obligated to break that rule. It actually brings up a general internal debate about where I post different stuff. I’ve got a livejournal for the fluff and the really personal stuff, and a defunct website where I used to have a public, personal blog. Maybe I’ll wind up consolidating stuff somewhere at somepoint. But given that I barely blog lately, with the exception of memes… well, anyhow. Hopefully I’ll get back on track with the blogging here soon, but for now, a meme.
Four Jobs I’ve Had in My Life:
- Circuit Rider – my current job. It means I’m a travelling computer techie, working with non-profits and grassroots organizations.
- Shipper at a feminist film distributor
- Worker at an arboretum
- Manager of one night a week at the most slackerly campus café ever
Four Movies I Could Watch Over and Over, and Have
- Immortal Beloved (Gary Oldman as Beethoven? Can’t get much better than that.)
- The Lord of the Rings trilogy
- PCU (and I’ve never even watched it while under -any- influence.)
- Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
Four places I’ve Lived
- Hillside, New Jersey
- Swarthmore, PA
- New York City – Manhattan, Bronx and Brooklyn, so far
Four TV Shows I Love To Watch
- Arrested Development (big finale marathon riday, folks!)
- Desparate Housewives
- Grey’s Anatomy
Four Places I Have never been but want to go
- Puerto Rico. I actually went with my family for a week when I was around 11 or so, but I think it would be a drastically different experience for me now.
- the Pacific Northwest
Four Guilty Pleasure Websites:
- kingdomofloathing.com (it’s so addictive)
- websudoku.com (for all of these, the guilt usually stems from me wasting time on them instead of doing work)
Four Foods I can’t stand and why
- Mushrooms. Something about the texture and the taste combined. I’m starting to tolerate little ones cooked and mixed in with other food, but the big ones, blech.
- Eggplant. See above, except that I don’t tolerate it at all.
- Many types of seafood, especially particularly seafoody tasting stuff.
- Tea. I know it’s not a food, but it really makes me gag. I’ve tried to like it, to no avail.
Four Places I Would Rather Be Right Now:
- Laying out in Prospect Park with my dog and friends, if the temperature was about 30-40 degrees warmer.
- The Shire. Post-War of the Ring, of course. Alternatively, someplace where I could go roaming through woods and over hills and through streams and generally bask in the glory of nature, preferably accompanied by good people.
Four people whom I tag next:
Maybe I’m no fun, and maybe I just need to get back to work already, but I’m actually not going to tag anyone else. ¡Lo siento!